A destination wedding is one in which two couples decide to get married in a different place to where they and most of their guests live. These types of links imply a displacement for both them and their guests. The chosen destinations are usually spaces with great architectural, historical or natural beauty, either in their country of origin or abroad.
The celebration usually lasts two to four days, according to the desire, the budget and the availability of time of the couple. Generally, as a reception to the guests, there is usually a party or a meeting on the eve of the link and a return after the wedding day. If there will be a double ceremony, it is often decided to celebrate civil and religious marriage on the same day to optimize times, although this is not always the case.
Why are they fashionable?
Destination weddings are fashionable for being an extraordinary and very pleasant experience for lovers and their loved ones. They are framed in places with wonderful scenery, become intimate celebrations and translate into an unforgettable holiday in which everyone will celebrate the love of a couple.
In addition, for the couple it can be a two in one, since they can take advantage of the displacement to not make another trip and have their honeymoon there. If this is the case, do not forget to pack, along with the dress and the wedding dress, a cocktail dress, a swimsuit or camping boots, according to your destination.
Where and when to celebrate a destination wedding?
In addition to incredible destinations for weddings on the beach, Spain has wonderful places to celebrate dream marriage links, due to its vast cultural and natural richness. Since love is born of sight, consider in your search, besides coastal places, colonial cities, haciendas, museums, historical buildings and Magical Towns. Everything will depend on your tastes and budget.
Before making the choice, they must consider that the destination is an accessible place for their loved ones, that it is in a month of the year with pleasant weather (May, June, July and August are the favorite months) and that it is carried out in order to week or holiday bridge for all your guests to confirm, the toast is as full as possible and the struggle for the natural bridal bouquet is crowded.
Choosing the destination of your wedding will involve an exhaustive investigation. To feel less pressure and to be sure that a professional helps them to have everything in order, the most practical thing is to delegate the organization to a wedding planner. Although you will have to make a trip to the destination location, a wedding coordinator will take care of helping you with the appropriate procedures, decoration, setting, finding local suppliers or whatever you need.
You can also find the option of hiring in a hotel a comprehensive package that includes everything from the ceremony to the banquet, the celebration, the lodging and tourist activities for the guests. As in everything, the costs and services vary a lot from one place to another, mainly according to the regions and the scenarios, since it is not the same to get married in Costa del Sol than in Toledo.
The cost of a destination wedding varies as in any wedding, as it depends a lot on the wishes of the couple and the number of guests. According to data from the Condusef, in Spain, a simple wedding of 50 guests, without the plus of being a destination wedding, can cost about 10-15 000 euros. Start from this budget to plan yours and set a limit.
Normally, destination weddings tend to be smaller, but they involve other types of expenses, such as transfers and accommodation for you and your closest relatives; the rest must run with their own expenses. A high level can cost 30 000 euros. If you want to "tighten" your belt, review the guest list, talk to your wedding flower arranger to see if there is anything you can adjust or give away cheap wedding souvenirs. Your guests will appreciate the detail even if they do not spend too much.
The six basic
The most important thing to consider when planning a destination wedding can be summarized in six points
1. Choose a destination of your liking and easy logistics. Take into account that there are enough locations for wedding banquets to choose from, professional wedding providers, that the costs and times of transfers and the air and land connectivity of the place are manageable and that hotels are available for different budgets.
2. Be considered with the date. Find a balance with the agenda of those who want to be accompanied. If they celebrate it during a weekend, a bridge or during the holiday season, they will guarantee the arrival of more guests; but on a much-requested date, the prices of services and transfers and accommodations for family and friends will also skyrocket.
3. Find out what paperwork you need to complete and in what time frame. The requirements of the Civil Registry can be different; For example, there are states where witnesses are required for the link, premarital courses or maybe they ask for a medical certificate. As there are circumstances that are not requested in all states, do not let this take you by surprise.
4. Ask for quotes and define a budget as realistic as possible.
5. Make the list of closest and most important guests.
6. Value the possibility of hiring a wedding planner. From all the wedding tasks calendar, identify which ones you think will be complicated to perform remotely and put a price on the convenience of someone dealing with it from the same destination. A wedding planner can be an essential part in these cases.
Have you already imagined with your short wedding dress in Barcelona? Or with an endless flow of lace in Madrid? It is time to discuss it in couple and get down to work. Try to make a decision with enough time and do not wait until the wedding invitations to communicate to your loved ones that they will marry out of the city: a save the date as punctual as they can always be appreciated. Friends and family will be happy to accompany you with their party dresses to the beach, to the forest or wherever they are going to promise eternal love. It will be an unforgettable experience.
© 2019 wedplannigspain.com